Group III covers the central portion of the State of Maryland and covers all or part of five counties: Prince George's, Anne Arundel, Charles, Calvert, and St Mary's. These squadrons are in Group III:
- Apollo 1 MAR-MD-085 (Senior Squadron)
- Arundel MAR-MD-023 (Composite Squadron)
- BowieMAR-MD-052 (Composite Squadron)
- Calvert MAR-MD-007 (Cadet Squadron)
- Charles MAR-MD-019 (Composite Squadron)
- Col. Mary S. Feik MAR-MD-028 (Composite Squadron)
- College Park MAR-MD-011 (Composite Squadron)
- St Mary's MAR-MD-089 (Composite Squadron)
- Esperanza Middle School MAR-MD-890 (Flight)
As of December 2022, Group III has 243 cadets and 179 Senior Members. These volunteers serve their communities and the nation through the core missions of Aerospace Education, Cadet Programs, and Emergency Services. They have been active in disaster relief in North Carolina, South Carolina, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and Maryland providing damage assessment, shelter management, emergency supply distribution, and they have participated in multiple search and rescue missions.
Civil Air Patrol members actively train to work with other emergency service agencies and are ready to serve when circumstances demand.